Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sept 23rd 2013

Hey everyone. Good news. Fruits of the labors have finally shown in the form of baptisms.  They've always been there, but for me, this is the first of its type. haha

So incredibly excited for this family. [Two children] were baptized. Hes 10, shes 8.  They are so cool.  Super fun family that loves to joke about everything. 

I don´t have much to write about other than the Baptizing experience.  Its so peaceful inside the baptismal font, and you can´t help but feel the spirit in there.  It gives me the chills just thinking about it. 
The two kids I baptized are part of a less active family. We will have to work a lot to get them all come together to have a stronger family in the Gospel.
One of our investigators came to the Gospel principles class we had. The teacher asked a question about any experiences of baptism. I mentioned something about an old friend who talked to me after a baptism in our church at home, and I noticed the investigator, look shockingly at me.  She felt the same way my friend did, but about the church in general. 
Seconds after the lesson finished, she came up to me and asked if she can get baptized with the children. I laughed a little and said, no, but talk to me when it´s quieter.
We talked a few minutes later, and we set an appointment at the house she´s staying, which just so happens to be close friends of the missionaries.  She accepted the invitation to be baptized when it wasn´t even extended to her. We are excited to see her progress now more quickly now that she knows the answer she recieved was a yes. 
During this visit, the mom and dad of that family she´s staying with told me that they had just set a date to be sealed in the temple.  If things aren´t falling together, I don´t know how else to put it.
Thank you for all your prayers and support. I love you all.
Have patience. I write that for all things, and to everyone. Heavenly Father´s blessings will come.  It might take 10 months, but you´ll see the fruits, and the countless parts where you helped out and didn´t notice before. 
Keep listening to the spirit. He will guide you. You can´t force him to talk, so always be alert. 
Keep writing me, because a lot of the time what is written is something also happening here that gives me ideas what to do. 

Hey. thanks for everything.

Ciao.

Elder Cattron

No comments:

Post a Comment