Monday, April 1, 2013

I still have my arm.


1-Abril-2013  
I still have my arm.
Tom! Thanks for the note. I Love you.  Interesting thought.  “DO GOOD.  BE GOOD.  DON‘T WASTE A MOMENT.”   A lot of time I spent is thinking, but somehow I´ve never thought of that... Thanks brother!  I will figure out something.   I’m working hard, I promise.  I love you and Monique.  I started writing a letter to the both of you, but I lost it somewhere in my luggage.  It´s hard to write these days except for mail. I try though.

Mom. I love you.  I´m not sure what kind of new scripture books Dad got, but definitely if you're walking in the street all day, I hope they're not too heavy.   All this hiking is very tiring here in Chile, but then again, Chile is just a bunch of mountains they call hills.

I think the oils my companion’s mother sent might have helped if I wasn't so delicious to the fleas. But I did get some Raid that I'm keeping even if I get transferred.  I sprayed the apartment corners and my mattress. I'm so tempted to just spray it all over my body and clothes.  I had an attack of fleas last night during a lesson --just with a member, but still-- and he started laughing at me squirming and trying not to itch my arms and legs. My jacket is way too heavy, and then when we walk everywhere it starts to warm up my whole body and make every pikadura [flea bite] itch a lot.

I did intercampus [team ups] with Elder G-------g. [We finally got our district changed so that we don't have to travel 3 hours every week just to go to district meeting, when the other district is 15 minutes away on foot.]  Those were great. We found a lot of people to visit later, but only 2 have come of it. There is another that has a Book of Mormon, but we can never seem to find him at his house.
We have a new investigator that is progressing like a golden. He attended church yesterday as soon as he got off work - which was about the last 5 minutes of it, but at least he tried. He has been reading a lot, and when we leave him with a few verses to read, he 'gets distracted' and goes on to read the whole chapter.  So we had him start reading from the beginning so he can 'forget to only read the few verses' as often as he wants.   We are VERY excited for this guy.
Another investigator named N-----n started meeting with us. The first time we knocked his door, he was right there and didn't look at us, just kept working on his electrical box inside. We introduced ourselves and he started talking about his electricity.  It wasn't working.  We were in a hurry, so, to be brief, we said a prayer with him and prayed for his electricity to function again, and then we left.  Two days later, we came back, and the first few things he says is about his electricity.  He flips on the switch, and the light turns on.  YES!  Another prayer answered.  So in thanks to Heavenly Father, we taught him the Restoration.  We had a lesson 2 days later, but it was focused on infants not needing baptism. We invited him to pray about it, and even prayed with him about it.

About the dog bite, I'm totally okay. I lost an arm, but I still have my other, so it's all okay.   Weather is too cold for short sleeve without confused looks from people on the street, but too hot for my jacket.  Either way, it's quite humorous.

EASTER? EL PAZCO!  Ha! For a missionary, it's still work. The people do basically the same things that us Americans do--Paint eggs, hang out with family. yeah yeah.  BUT! we had a really hard day, which drove us nuts because we had a lot of citas [appointments], but it was definitely   something new for me in the mission.   No one was in the street, and if they were, they all had alcohol, either drunk or getting there. Several people tried calling us over "offering gifts to the men of God", but as most of us know as missionaries in Chile, when they call you over obnoxiously, they're not going to listen, and some of them want to distract you while their friends rummage through your backpack for cool stuff.

Todavia, no caja.  Pero no se preocupen. Estoy sobreviviendo. :o)

Elder Cattron VI    


The picture of Elder S----s basically sums up our Easter. Walking around, wishing people wouldn't give us "oso".

"Nos Dio oso" - Someone we saw gave us the bear. [the bear, as in a bear paw swinging saying you're not as important as whatever I've got going on right now].


No comments:

Post a Comment