Saturday, June 1, 2013

This awesome area is super flat

5-27-13 
Got transferred from Hope (Esperanza) to Lower Company (La Compania Baja)
My new companion is awesome.  He’s from Honduras and even cooler, he lived in the US 10 years so he also speaks English.  He has a good sense of humor.  He is also the District Leader.   I feel that we are going to have a super good companionship.   He teaches very well and we are trying to work together in unity.  I know I’m a quiet person at first when I meet people but he is making me speak to them.  I’m learning I have more to say than I thought.  I just need to open my mouth more.
We live in an apartment with 4 of us Elders because our apartment is being changed or fixed, I don’t remember.  It’s super fun but hard to be punctual to studies and everything since there’s only 1 shower.  We are painting the apartment because it’s old and ugly like that dog I wanted to get a photo of in my last area but never got to because he kept hiding.   People are friendly here.    The people are a lot more open to talking than in the USA.  It makes it really fun to talk to people in the street because you can joke with them a lot easier and they’ll actually smile.  Not much different from the USA, based on where I’ve been so far.  Chile is as close to home as I can tell.  The ward is amazing.  We took a lady to church and the members and leaders said Hello and talked with her.  They gave her a warm welcome.  She said she is always going to attend because she feels comfortable and happy. 
Happy birthday to my awesome nephew.  I wish I could remember the birthdays better for everyone.  Sorry to everyone who I haven’t said Happy Birthday to…I still love ya.
To my sister in law: I’m always hot.  But Chile is cold and it’s cramping my style.  I complain during the summer and the winter…but I still really like it, so I don’t know why I complain. 
To my brother R-----d: You must have been with me in my last area.  It was pure “stairs” and it drove me nuts.  My knees were killing me but I didn’t want to complain much so I stayed quiet about it most of the time.  Finally I was told we were supposed to tell the mission president things so I put it in my letter.  I got sent to this awesome area that is super flat.  I feel like a wuss, but at least I can focus more on the work and not on my knee pain.
Dad: I sure miss you.  Thank you for everything you’ve done and do for helping me so much with everything in life.  What is this thing you wrote about using a notebook while we sleep?  Does the Spirit tell us things while we sleep and before and after our sleep?
Wow, the time went fast on the computer today.  Here’s a few pictures for  ya’ll.
Love you,   
Elder Cattron
Eating at Mc Donalds. It was 6 american dollars for a tiny burger and fries and drink. And they didn't have ice cream!


Awesome fountain - Elder S----g's and me at the fountain



This is our tiny study room in the apartment that we share with the other 2 Elders. We basically live in there and it's a pain.  Haha but It's super fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment