Saturday, December 29, 2012


Nov 29 2012 - Mom - I'm answering your questions in order from the email you sent. - - - I have all the shirts, suit and two pants, black slacks and shoes.  
Sister Natalie Davis - I love you too.  and the rest of your family. 
Encourage everyone you see to DearElder.com me. They are new to me so I think it's super cool.
 Acrylic paper--but I don't need the pad so much as a couple cool pictures printed on them to color with my black brush and black pen and everything.  It's how I relieve my stress and help myself think and relax when it gets to quiet time/ready for bed time. If Travis feels like coloring them, I'm also happy with that - they're going to end up as decoration anyway in my room in the field and residence/dorm room here.
 Haha. I remember that lady at the bank. She seemed rather interested, and I was tempted to ask her if she wanted a Book of Mormon. I was in a hurry though, otherwise It would have been more likely.  If you see her again, tell her I'm doing even better. The MTC is amazing, and that's an understatement.
100 GOLDEN QUESTIONS……….. 
Yes, I got my sunglasses and First aid. I hope I have a light enough bag for it.
 These computers drive me crazy because you can't zoom out. I like to be able to respond without scrolling up and down a lot.   And yes, I love Dear Elder cuz it comes every day and anyone who doesn't get mail gets to jokingly whine about how they never get mail.  Dear elder the things you want me to do so I can have a hard copy of it. I don't have a printer here at all.  
Our district is hilarious. just a whole group of Elders. 5 are going to Vina del Mar, and the other 4 are going to Santiago.
   I like anything here in the cafeteria. I don't eat much if it's something like steak and mash. I always go grab some toast to eat with it. It annoys me that they only have bagels in the morning. It's basically my favorite addition to a meal. I have turned everything into a sandwich. even if it has a tortilla, I sometimes use my fork and put it on the bread then eat it.
and Surprisingly, I haven't had too much of an appetite - I've had ice cream once... which is messing with my mind.  And I ate green beans... What is this place doing to me? Que es este?!
   I will share my airplane story.... if I have time.
Espanol is improving daily. Yesterday we had a full day of Spanish, and no English. It was nuts! I love this language, but it's starting to get challenging with all the future, past, and might maybe will you tenses. 
Pday is Thursday. We had no pday 2 weeks in a row, but got email time last week.
 I added the maple seed pod in my envelope because they are one of my favorite things here.  I love to see them on the ground and often pick them up and throw them so I can see them helicopter to the ground. It's very... inspirational and... soothing to me. 
The other answer is  "Life". If you read it out loud, the word EYE is no longer only Eyeball.
   I never mentioned this last week because it was before it happened -  but Elder Jeffrey R Holland came for thanksgiving devotional and spoke to us! About missionary work! It was a perfect answer to all of my prayers and really helped me find some things to help me improve. I definitely know that we have prophets on the Earth today, and that they are inspired by God because he wants us to be directed in all dispensations. THE GOSPEL HAS BEEN RESTORED. I know this because I have prayed often, and every time I pray and ask, my question is answered by a feeling of good and peace to my heart. 
My teachers are great. We have Hermana Abellan and Hermana Wilding. Abellan is quiet voiced, but STRONG in words. She is a native spanish speaker and sometimes struggles with English, but she speaks with spirit that I can really feel.  I wrote her a letter in Spanish thanking her for all of her work and preparation and love for us as 'students'.  There is never a time that thanks are pointless. Everyone loves to hear that they are appreciated, and I'm doing my best to help them know that I do.  Even the words "Thank you" can brighten someone's day. I put that as one of the District goals for these 10 weeks  - "Sincerely thank your teachers and leaders [or lunchroom workers] every day."
   We also have "10 contacts per missionary per day". It's hard for me because I don't often talk to random people. I'm doing better each day though.  I met this somewhat elderly guy today at the temple named Joel.  I talked with him for a while during our breakfast there.  He lived for a bit in California somewhat close to where we lived there... Then I learned that he served in the Navy and got to know him a little better. He mentioned that he didn't serve a mission, and then went quiet. I felt sad that he felt bad for not serving one. But I let him know that we are all missionaries for life, whether we decide to serve full time missions or not. "Somos Missionaros."  Not "Estamos Missionaros".
I really liked this man and then to top it all off, he payed for my food! I was super confused though because I didn't know that we had to pay anyway, so I had to ask around if other missionaries payed then I thanked him before we left and got his name and wrote it down afterward.
  Basically, these 2 weeks have been full of wonderful experiences that I am so busy with that I don't think I've been able to write them down other than letters.  I hope everyone's been keeping them. Please do! :o)
  Anyways, my time is up.  I gotta add a few things but I don't remember what.,,,, I'll write them down and wait here's my journal.
  I need a copy of my card, that belt cuz mine's almost broken, a line of authority copy, and please it would make life better --haha - Glow in the dark paint of some kind.   :D
     I love you all, and this gospel.  I will work hard for everyone and every person who is looking for the Gospel.  
Keep on reading scriptures and praying. I know it works and you feel the spirit. 
    And as always,
 
Don't forget to smile.
 
-Elder CAtt

No comments:

Post a Comment